I have been doing a Bible College class on the Old Testament and just finished the study of the plagues Exodus 6:28 – 12:36.
Moses didn’t see himself as worthy to do this for God. We don’t know how strong we are till God pushes us to this point. So, God allowed Aaron to help Moses. Yet Aaron did not speak before the pharaoh every time.
- The magicians could only duplicate what God had sent three times.
- How many of us have tried to work things in our lives to duplicate what God and God alone can do? Only to realize we can only do it for a while.
- Pharaoh said to allow the frogs one more night and then take them away Exodus 8:8-15.
- Or we barter with God and say I will change tomorrow. I like what I have and don’t want to change right now.
- Israelites were affected only by the first four plagues; God then protected them in the land of Goshen Exodus 8:22.
- Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, we can see the protection from the world only by God’s hand.
I found it interesting that once the Israelites were in the promised land. They started to murmur against God, and He sent a plague on them there. Number 16:41-50 tells us this.
There will be moments in our lives when we need to be reminded of what God has brought us out of and protected us from.
Faith in God is so simple, yet it can be so hard.
Text to give: TITUS to 53-555